To define in simple terms, precision machining is the process of creating items and products that are made to exact specifications. There are various methods involved in this process:-
1. Milling is a machining process that involves the use of rotary cutters to remove material. This is one of the most common machines used for precise cutting. In this process material is fed into a rotating multiple tooth cutter to get a combination of sizes and shapes.
2. Turning is a machine process that has the cutting action that uses a linear motion while the work piece is rotated. Relatively rigid materials such as wood, stone, metal etc are rotated and traversed along an axes of motion to produce exact depths and diameters.
3. Water Cutting is process where a water cutter or a jet cutter is used, which is capable of cutting a wide range of materials using hydraulic pressure or high pressure and jet of water either on its own or with an abrasive substance. This process is used to cut through soft materials. When amalgamated with an abrasive substance, it is used to cut hard materials such as stone, glass, ceramic and metal.
4. Jig boring is a machine process which enlarges existing holes in accuracy, with a high degree of precision. Jig boring maintains symmetry and a high accuracy between multiple holes and surfaces.
5. Laser cutting uses a high-power laser to burn, melt, or vaporize materials. The cutter works with the help of a computer by directing the laser to cut. Lasers cut with high precision and leave a clean edge and high-quality finish. They are commonly used to cut materials such as metal, wood, and plastic.
If your company is in requirement of precision machining in China, always remember to hire a company that provides leading and reliable services and carry years of expertise in this domain. Also make sure that the services provided by them are of latest technology. When you find one that catches your eye, don’t forgot to read up on customer reviews to find out if they are a reliable choice with good customer feedback.