3D Printed Parts Advantages – 3D Sale @ HLH
Here are my top 5 advantages for 3D Printed parts. Some overlap in the thinking but I have learned that these overall themes are a good way of looking at 3D Printed parts when it comes to trying to get that new part or product out into the world.
1. Speed-to-Market:Â With timelines to bring a new product to the market shrinking year after year, speed-to-market has to be my number one reason. You may not fully manufacture with 3D Printing technology, but you can sure get to market faster if you use the technology to speed up your design process. Number 1 for sure.
2. Fail Cheap:Â It doesn’t matter how good a designer you are, we all have made designs that didn’t quite cut it the first time around. I like to get samples early, even if I know that it is not the final design. I like to be able to feel a part and learn from it off of the computer screen. Call it failing, call it utilizing the technology to make faster judgment calls. Either way, it is pretty cheap.
3. Reduce Risk:Â Injection molding tooling is expensive, necessary for mass production, but expensive. In my experience, it is way cheaper to spend a few hundred, or a few thousand dollars tweaking that design before committing to tooling dollars. Plus, by fully verifying your design before tooling, you are almost assured that you won’t waste time by waiting for tooling design that, if not fully vetted, may produce an unforeseen part issue, that requires major tooling rework.
4. Customer/Investor/Buyer Feedback: I have been at that meeting, perfect product, painstakingly executed, then someone (with money power) says, if it only had this or that or if this was removed to save cost…ya, they are wrong, this is my awesome design 🙂 But, lesson learned, better to vary your design slightly (when possible) to be able to answer any critics with several designs with different feature sets that hit different price points. Don’t give the money people a reason to say no.
5. Did I Say Fast Already: Well, it is fast, email a file with quantity and get started. It is that simple. Hitting deadlines is a massive advantage and necessity for any project, in any industry, at any level. Check out the details on our 3D Printapalooza Sale below, on now until the end of November 2017.
SLA Parts = $0.3/Gram (USD)Â Â |Â Â SLS Parts = $0.6/Gram (USD)
FreeQuote@HLHPrototypes.comÂ â€“ Just email your file to start.
**Just email your file to get started â€“ Add ship to address, shipping cost not included â€“ HLH will confirm price by email before printing â€“ SLA material Somos 14120 â€“ SLS material PA**
**The offer only applies to standard shaped parts, any parts with excessive complexity or very small features will need to be quoted by the project**
Donâ€™t delay, act today â€“Â FreeQuote@HLHPrototypes.comÂ â€“ HLH, we make things for you.